Recreational Soccer in Charlottesville and Albemarle County
SOCA is pleased to provide a great Recreational soccer experience for all interested boys and girls in our region. Recreation soccer is available to all interested players. Teams are formed by neighborhood or schools, in an effort to ensure that each player may know others on the team. Age group limits are defined by VYSA or USYS.
Registration payments can be made online via your MySOCA account, or at the SOCA office if required.
SOCA-Charlottesville office is located at:
1685 Polo Grounds Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
The office is open:
Tuesday – Thursday 10:00am to 6:00pm
Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm
|Current Season||Spring 2020|
|Late Fee||$15.00 after January 28, 2020|
Spring 2020 Calendar:
- The On Time Registration Deadline for the Spring Recreation Season is January 28, 2020.
- Team Assignment notification with practice information and game schedule will be posted to SOCA accounts on or about February 24, 2020.
- The first game of the Recreation Season is March 14, 2020. Games will be played at a variety of times and at a variety of fields in Charlottesville and Albemarle County. In some of our older age groups crossover game play with our Augusta region may be possible as well.
- The final game of the Recreation Season is May 16, 2020.
- If needed, we will use May 30, 2020 to make up the first full day cancellation of the Recreation Season.
Late Registrations & Refunds / Withdraw Policy:
There will be a $15 late fee on all registrations received after January 28, 2020. Late registrations will be placed on teams with space still available. SOCA will notify late registrations of team placement by March 13, 2020 or earlier. Fees are returned in full for unplaced late registrations.
Request for a refund and to withdraw from the Recreation program must be made through an e-mail or written notice on or before March 13, 2020. Refunds will be issued less a $20.00 processing fee per player. Refunds will be sent in the form of a check and will take about 3 weeks to be processed.