1-Day Futsal Tournaments at the SOCA Training Center
The Soccer Organization of the Charlottesville Area (SOCA) invites you to participate in the inaugural Winter Futsal Classic at the SOCA Training Center in Ruckersville, Virginia!
This one day event promises to offer fast paced and exciting 5v5 futsal fun. The Winter Futsal Classic is intended for youth and adult players, with youth teams taking the court on Saturday and Adults on Sunday. Get your team together now and join in on the next Charlottesville winter soccer tradition!
Youth Tournament: Saturday, December 17
U10 thru U19 teams. Players must have been born between 1998 and 2008.
Adult Tournament: Sunday, December 18
Men’s, Women’s, Co-Rec, and Over 40 Divisions offered.
*Extended Registration Deadline – Dec 6 *
No Refunds after the registration deadline.
The team fee is payable by Cash, Check, or Credit.
Team registrations and payments should be submitted directly to the SOCA office at:
1685 Polo Grounds Road
Charlottesville, VA 22911
434-975-5025 ext. 111
|Fee||$225 per Team|
|Late Fee||Extended Registration Deadline of Dec 6th|
All Matches played at SOCA Training Center, 126 Commerce Drive, Ruckersville, VA 22968
Registration Deadline – December 2
Expected Schedule Release – December 12
Roster Freeze Date – December 14
Team rosters must have minimum of 7 players and a maximum of 12 players.
The tournament is a one-day format. Each team will play a minimum of three games with qualifying teams advancing to post-group play. Teams must be prepared to play any time between 8:00AM and 10:00PM. Matches will consist of two continuously timed twenty minute halves.
All Matches shall be played in accordance with FIFA Futsal Laws of the Game.
The following modifications will be made for this event:
- The duration of the game will be 2 – 20 minute halves with a continuous clock kept. Each game will have a 4 minute halftime break. Warm-up time on the court will be very limited and all games will start at the time originally scheduled regardless of the amount of warm-up time given.
- Teams must be ready to play 10 minutes prior to game time. Any team unable to field three players by kick-off will forfeit the match.
- Goalkeeper may NOT throw ball across half way line for all age groups.
- Scoring from a kick-off is not allowed
- Postion and movement of goalkeeper for a kick from 2nd penalty spot is the same as from the regular penalty spot (goalkeeper must be on goal line until ball is kicked).
A single USFF certified referee will be used for all matches.